Friday, March 1, 2013

Stop Cookbook Abuse

three words:  stop  cookbook  abuse 



Don't let this happen to your cookbooks.  If your stovetop cooking is starting to smell funky, maybe you are cooking the wrong thing, eh?  I confess I did this. 

So, threee words: stop  cookbook  abuse
I know and you may know or not know that there are several uses of the word "stop."  It's a verb in two classes, a noun and an adjective. 

I am not brave enough to look into all the definitions and uses of "abuse".  That must be a scary place.

Yet, "cookbook", according to Merriam-Webster dictionary,a noun first used in 1809 has one meaning - "a book of cooking directions and recipes."  Why I love it so, really. There is no need to be more here.  Merriam-Webster went one more, the dictionary has listed rhymes with cookbook.  Examples are:  checkbook, bankbook, billhook, -hook, - hook, .... oh, and my favorite, Chinook.  WhaaaaT? Stop cookbook abuse.

A cookbook: complicated, mysterious, and beautiful on the inside.  No rhymes.  Keep them off the stove.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment