Thursday, February 7, 2013

Intro

Okay, so as an introduction, this is for the love of food - food of body and soul.  Growing up, my family planned vacations and day trips around the right food locations.  By this I mean we had to be at the right place in time for the right meal at the right place.  I never thought anything of it, other than to anticipate the next stop, until we were old enough to have friends join us.  Each and every one of them noticed immediately my family's fixation on food.  Their respective families did not travel this way. Still, doesn't make our way a bad thing.  Actually, made me very appreciative as I could not imagine day-tripping in any other way.  Think of all the soft ice cream, razor clams, butter tarts, pastas, fish chowders and and and we would have missed!  My father had eye surgery just the other morning.  During pre-op he managed to snag the name of a great place for breakfast - recommended by his doctor and nurse.  When I called to check on how he was doing after surgery later that same morning,  he and my mother were leaving the great breakfast place and told me about that first and then how he was feeling.  This is what I and anyone around me is up against... cultured and steeped in the love of food.  I don't read newspapers, I read cook books. I read food blogs.  I experiment, adjust, and create recipes.  Not all of them for the better but a good many.  Some recipes clearly need to remain decadent in their original beauty, but there are others that can be healthier or simply changed up a bit.  It is my hope to record and pass on these "others."

No comments:

Post a Comment