Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine Muffins- GF

For many years now, my mother has made raspberry muffins.  My sister makes the same raspberry muffins.  I make the same raspberry muffins - fancy that!  These berry muffins are popular enough amongst the kids that on one of my nephew's birthdays he had requested raspberry muffins for his birthday treat.  I make these as part of Valentine's day.  This version printed here is my gluten free version. The fun part of making this version is the variety of colors. 

Paper 12 muffin cups
Oven to 400

Ingredients
1 1/4 cup GF flour
1/3 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup agave
1 teaspoon vanilla
two eggs -  whisk until they have a true golden glow
1 bag (10 oz) frozen raspberries.  Let these thaw completely.
2/3 cup grapeseed oil (another oil can be used)
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional



Sift together dry ingredients.  add wet ingredients - using all the berries and juice from the bag.

 grapeseed oil going in the mix~
 
 
Batter will be heavy - fill paper cups to top. 

 
Bake 20-22 minutes
 
Let cool 10 minutes in pan before removing.  Enjoy warm right away or if making the night before, let cool - I place kitchen towel over top and leave muffins -out of pan - on cooling rack, to have the following morning. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment